Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 4A

Continued working on icon for "application" for the website Mixmax:

We began class first by doing a class-critique of our works.
Some of the points that were brought up for my designs:

  • Colors were nice, could use some gradient (for the M design).
  • Strong use of metaphor.
  • Don't understand the mountainous feel (from the puzzle piece design).
  • Try combining the first two ideas, use the arrow on the M to connect to the envelop.
  • Puzzle piece conveys the sense of "piecing" or "building". Hard to tell what application is used for though, try adding a wire frame design to the puzzle piece.
  • Possibly angle the M a little.
  • Use of 3D is done nicely.
  • Didn't notice arrow in envelope.
--

From the feedback that I received, I realized that the puzzle piece was the most favorite. Although no one understood the use of the mountain in the design. This design idea was probably a stretch, I used the idea from their website's background image. So it doesn't really tie into the function as well as the theme.

I really enjoyed the feedback for adding the wire frame to the puzzle piece. So I started reworking the puzzle piece during class, adjusting angles and colors before adding a wire frame look.

I also reworked the shape of the puzzle to look more realistic instead of blocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment